Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hairstyle Thread (for Guys)

Replies

• chrisngchrisng BC CanadaPosts: 1,445Member
    hey guys its been quite a while! aha
    but do you guys think I can pull off a fauxhawk? I was thinking of junsu's with shorter sides..
    but anyone have other pictures of more fauxhawks? Not really looking for the david beckham kind, but more of a..asian fauxhawk with shaved sides?

this is me holding my hair back, lol!
    I have more of a square face shape so I've always been worried about cutting my bangs off :S
    2by0d5.jpg

thanks a lot!
  • NydesNydes Posts: 6Member
    chrisng wrote on 15 February 2012 - 11:28 PM:

hey guys its been quite a while! aha
    but do you guys think I can pull off a fauxhawk? I was thinking of junsu's with shorter sides..
    but anyone have other pictures of more fauxhawks? Not really looking for the david beckham kind, but more of a..asian fauxhawk with shaved sides?

this is me holding my hair back, lol!
    I have more of a square face shape so I've always been worried about cutting my bangs off :S
    *quoted image*

thanks a lot!

Hmm... 
    I think you'd suit better with your bangs, if you want a youthful look or something. I don't know sweatingbullets.gif
  • JOEY2222JOEY2222 Posts: 5Member
    is it ok to wash your hair twice a day? once with shampoo and conditioner and again with just conditioner? i gotta wash out my hair wax before I sleep and its easier to style after conditioning
  • wengfrecrixswengfrecrixs Posts: 386Member

ROOKIE

can anyone suggest me a hairstyle that look good on me ? my pic is inside my 411 thread ~~
  • SuperVanbuiSuperVanbui Posts: 2Member
    edited February 2012
    Hey guys and gals !

Yup i'm new on this forum ! 
    Sorry but my english is very bad that why i didn't do my introduction yet ^.^

So i'm here because i have to cut my hair soon. But, i need some advice concerning my future choice !
    Yeah i won't loose time again to grow my hair :)

Here there is some pics of me !

I really need some advice please, i haven't got any idea about a new hairstyle but i'm bored of my hair :(

Enjoy and thanks ! oY

My Face Shape:
     Oval

Photos of me (now) : UNSTYLED*

Edit : i've seen that with my hairdresser, that's k now

• KujoKujo Posts: 59Member
    So my hair's sorta dry and frizzy, mainly because I shampoo everyday (there's no negotiating this one, I have to).

What can I do to to help my hair? I need advice about clarifying shampoos and deep conditioners too.
  • AceFonduAceFondu CaliforniaPosts: 373Member

IDOL

Sometimes you have to go to the right hairdresser.. so experiment around and ask people around before going to one... Cause some.. even if you show them the photo, they will not be able to replicate it.. rather make things worse.

I've had this experience before... Have went to a korean hairdresser who has like kpop idol pictures outside with decent hairstyle.. Gave her a picture... Turned out horrible...

DONT EVER be afraid to talk to your hairdresser while your are getting it cut... This step is a must..
  • AnthonyAnthony Posts: 32Member
    QUESTION: How long do you keep hair products (ex: gatsby, hair spray) on your hair?

I pretty much go out everyday. I style it and wash it every day. Which i know washing everyday is bad for it.
    Is it bad if I keep the hair product on for 2-3 days.
  • SuperVanbuiSuperVanbui Posts: 2Member
    Keep hair products isn't great for your hair ! so, just wash it when you came back at home.

But, yeah washing hair everyday is also bad for your hair. However, there is a solution for that :
    - just use soft shampoo like fructis garnier soft hair shampoo, this is better for your hair when you wash it everyday
  • runeblade265runeblade265 Posts: 36Member
    How do you guys deal with wind?  I go outside alot and the wind always messes up my hair and I have to fix it when I go back indoors. 

I am probably going to pick up some hairspray this weekend.  Do you guys have any hairspray products that you recommend? 
    http://www.last.fm/user/runeblade265
  • AsobiSeksuAsobiSeksu ??? Posts: 3,509Member

IDOL

Someth1ng wrote on 13 February 2012 - 05:08 AM:

What hair dryers do guys normally use? I see the ones in videos with the thin end as opposed to the rounded end a lot. What are they called and are they ideal?
    Also, I plan on getting some gatsby moving rubber soon and I take showers during the night becuase the next morning for school, I don't have time to take another shower. This will leave my hair pretty dry I suppose and I was just wondering if it will work well if my hair isn't moist. Thanks ;P

I'm not a guy, but what you are describing is a hair dryer with a concentrator where the air comes out. Usually, it should come with the dryer itself, along with a diffuser(makes waves hair). Its a nosal piece that you can snap on and take off. It's good to have a concentrator if you want to dry a section faster, straighten, or give volume to the roots.
  • PDURRRPDURRR a dull boy. Your Wildest Dreams.Posts: 7,610Moderator

^and to add to that, the concentrator is what you would use to flatten the sides of your hair. if your hair is at an okay length, then you can use the hairdryer with the concentrator to flatten the sides by continually blowing it at a downward position and essentially petting your damp hair down. once it's dry or mostly dry, then you can just set it by rubbing some hair wax through it
  • ryohazukiryohazuki Posts: 51Member
    Does anyone know where I can find higher quality pictures of Changsun's(2pm) hairstyle in these pics??
    http://img.ohkpop.com/2012/03/01/tC98YA32.jpg
    tC98YA32.jpg
  • richlo0richlo0 Posts: 2New Member

TRAINEE

[color=color#696969]hey guys! i need help because i dont know what my faceshape is lol... Also if you can, what hairstyle should i get? i've never been out in public to cut my hair before... My current hair is not layered nor is it styled, just got out of shower and blowdried it. extra: My mom cut my hair for me if you were wondering :).   THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

<

MY PIC CURRENTLY DISPLAYED!!!
    [/color]
  • OhaiAlanOhaiAlan Posts: 6Member
    [img]http://http://mithunonthe.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/jay-park-kissing-girl-know-your-name-acoustic-mv.jpg[/img]My hairstylist isn't very good at English so explaining to him is a bit hard. He told me that the top part of his shaved sides are actually from the top part of his head but the

the hair was just grown out and it covers the sides slightly..but I wasn't so sure..also when he gave me this haircut, my sides coming from the bottom up looked kinda 

round if you looked at it from the front so I wasn't sure if that was correctly done either..but Just curious LOL. If anyone could give me tips, that would be great. 
    tumblr_lzc7gdjsnT1qhgz99o1_500.jpg
  • fantazifantazi Posts: 14Member
    anyone got any pics that has a faux hawk with bangs?

Also what kinda hair styles will make my face look slimmer
  • chinchillableschinchillables Posts: 95Member
    You should post 3 photos from the waist or chest area up so we can see. front, back, and sides. This would help picture the cut better.
    (^_^)yess.gifyesa.gifimageimage<=> Love yourself... and me too!!image (Mobile App that pays $2511.75 a month to spread the word !!!)
  • nikkokimnikkokim Posts: 119Member
    edited March 2012
    might be helpful for guys who like japanese haircuts:
    http://www.beauty-box.jp/style/mens/

can give you an idea, alot have similar face shapes 
  • WilliamSaoJangWilliamSaoJang Posts: 11Member, New Member
    I Have a bowl ish haircut too same length as these pictures. But I don't know how to style it like that i have heard that you can do it with mousse, hair straightner and hair spray? and maybe wax. If so which is a good brand for these kinds of hairstyles? And any tutorials out there for these wavy hairstyles? thanks appreciate the help :) tumblr_lzgmf7lgv01qad3h0o1_500.jpgKim_Hyun_Joong_dream_high.jpg
  • nikkokimnikkokim Posts: 119Member
    edited March 2012
    WilliamSaoJang wrote on 29 March 2012 - 10:26 PM:

I Have a bowl ish haircut too same length as these pictures. But I don't know how to style it like that i have heard that you can do it with mousse, hair straightner and hair spray? and maybe wax. If so which is a good brand for these kinds of hairstyles? And any tutorials out there for these wavy hairstyles? thanks appreciate the help :) *quoted image**quoted image*

for that kind of hair du... you want something that is firm yet flexible. You don't want gel or mouse since they make hair to rigid and will ruin the overall look. I would use mostly pomade or wax. This works really well for me, and not that expensive: http://www.walgreens...6013765-product

if your hair is that long though.. you want to add a little bit of hairspray to keep the hold after you apply the wax

I got my hair cut kind of to short, but it's growing back now sweatingbullets.gif