Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How Do You Look After... Makeup?

Comments

• B21B21 Posts: 148Member
    edited April 2010
    contouring/bronzer really helps make my face look thinner image.
    the second one is my everyday makeup look and the last picture was my everyday look in past winter (sorry the flash is strong).
    Make up really boost my confidence and makes me feel less fat (for some reason ><;) and presentable.
    PhosphateKiss Me
  • Kirei-TenshiKirei-Tenshi Posts: 12Member
    QUOTE (index1618 @ Apr 20 2010, 12:00 AM) »
    I'm sorry I don't look the way you want me to, I don't know what to say to you, I'll take down the post sorry I offended you, no where in the thread description did it say that I was supposed to get criticism back.

Nowhere in her post stated that your pictures offended her. She was just trying to help you by giving an advice.
    But you know... if you cannot handle criticisms / opinions, then... * shrugs *
  • index1618index1618 Posts: 140Member
    QUOTE (Kirei-Tenshi @ Apr 20 2010, 01:48 AM) »
    Nowhere in her post stated that your pictures offended her. She was just trying to help you by giving an advice.
    But you know... if you cannot handle criticisms / opinions, then... * shrugs *

sorry "beautiful angel" I have no snappy comment to say to you. Karma....
    *aroma
  • Kirei-TenshiKirei-Tenshi Posts: 12Member
    edited April 2010
    QUOTE (index1618 @ Apr 20 2010, 12:51 AM) »
    sorry "beautiful angel" I have no snappy comment to say to you. Karma....

Unlike you, I wouldn't mind if someone gives me THEIR opinion or criticism on how I look or how I do my make-up. There's always room for improvement.
  • the_wronged&lt;/3the_wronged</3 Posts: 702Member
    B21 - Pretty! You have lovely cheekbones :] Hope that doesn't sound weird lol
  • dorkheaddorkhead Posts: 167Member
    edited April 2010
    @index1618: Though youve already removed your pictures, dont listen to the people who critique you like that.
    If you like your look, than continue doing that. There are always people who critque and hate, but also love and like your look image

To the people who are critiqeing index 1618: What the hell! You guys are rude!
    Never has anyone been so hard critiqued in this thread. The hardest comment here has been i like youre before picture better..but still in a nice way told. This may be her everyday look when she wears makeup (and perhaps for years) and than saying her whole makeuplook is wrong and totally not suits her and even telling her how she should change it, is in my eyes too much.
    This threads purpose is to show what you look after makeup and show it to others, no where has it been stated that its purpose was on how to look better/worse (depending who's view).
    And if she post her photos, its probably that she likes this look as well and thus showing the confidence to show it to everyone here. Atleast show a bit tact when commenting.

Truthfully i would totally slap someone who is bashing my entire makeuplook, when i didnt even ask for it.
    1 critique...ok...but so much...no
    The only one who is allowed would be a makeup-artist WHEN being asked for their opinion
    Foorihunterheart
  • SnugglyKittySnugglyKitty Posts: 14Member
    edited April 2010
    How were they rude?
    They didn't bash that girl.
    Is it wrong for them to speak their minds? Or does everyone here expect sweet comments all the time?

@B21: You look really cute ^^!

• dorkheaddorkhead Posts: 167Member
    edited April 2010
    QUOTE (SnugglyKitty @ Apr 20 2010, 02:13 AM) »
    How were they rude?
    They didn't bash that girl.
    Is it wrong for them to speak their minds? Or does everyone here expect sweet comments all the time?

@B21: You look really cute ^^!

Read my comment closely and youll read what i find rude image
    Atleast show some tact instead of, your look does NOT suit you
    Saying No offence but...isnt tact >.< Because you only say that when you know you WILL offence the person (and prob in a big way)
    Bringing down how she looks is in a way bringin down her, because she like this way of look (her esthetics)

Point: im gonna sleep now, hoping to see Jiro Wang from Fahrenheit tomorrow because hes already been spotted in Rotterdam and Amsterdam (the Netherlands) with his family image
    edited April 2010
    If she really was trying to offend her, I think she would've taken out the " you look much better before makeup " sentence. Obviously, she's was just trying to tell her that in her opinion, that girl would look good w/ makeup if she did some changes, but I guess some people here can be too sensitive and take everything negatively.

Here is what a girl said on index's thread:

QUOTE (iridescent @ Apr 20 2010, 01:02 AM) »
    Really, if you like the way you look, great, but I think they were just trying to be helpful. No one has any reason to shoot you down needlessly; why would they do that? They're just comments; take them or leave them but there's no need to get your claws up when no one's trying to start a fight.

People in general think makeup is meant to enhance one's features. That doesn't mean you shouldn't wear make-up. And if you want to wear a lot, go ahead. If anything, though, I think they were encouraging you to embrace what you already have... which is more like a compliment, than an insult...

To really have an intelligent conversation, you have to be able to listen to others as much as you expect to be listened to. THis is a big world, with a lot of different thoughts. You don't have to take all of them in as your own, but there's no need to feel offended just because you've run into a certain line of thought somewhere that you don't want it to be.
    lovej
  • Aki_Aki_ LondonPosts: 835Member
    edited April 2010
    er definitely rude, someone going you dont look good with those, look does not suit you blahblah and starting off with 'no offence but...' its kinda like kanye west and taylor smith. you still stepped all over her and said something offensive. YOU DID A KANYE.

plus the other comment going 'you look "better"...' sheesh like seriously, if you want to say someone looks better, dont put apostrophe marks, its just as well saying she doesnt look better but you're saying it for the sake of saying she looks better relatively compared to something else. i.e not good enough still.

seriously, this thread isnt the critique my appearance thread, if you want to say something about her makeup and how she looks, go do it there when she's posted it there. if not just keep it to yourself.
    yandereI_play_with_dolls*aroma
  • peppermintsugarpeppermintsugar Posts: 5,693Friend of Soompi
    Those contacts make you look freaky.

I just wanted to point out one of the "critiques" that isn't meant to be "offensive" or "mean" at all.

Geez, I wear a ton of eye make-up on a daily, I'd hate to see how viciously I'd be torn apart.
    4kjKV.gif memoirs.twitter.tumblr. 2Vdge.gif
    ~1.11.09♡
    edited April 2010
    Well... I wear a lot of eye makeup too as you can see on my picture.
    But hey... if anyone has better suggestion, feel free to let me know! lol.

Regarding that girl's comment where she mentioned that the eyes look freaky... I do agree to an extent ( it does look somewhat scary ), but maybe it would've been more appropriate if she used a less ' offensive ' word? iono.
    lovej
    edited April 2010
    ^ thats not the point. the point was that they made an unnecessary criticism which was unwarranted within this thread which was pretty offensive to someone who was just sharing and didnt need to be told that she looked freaky or that her make up didnt suit her. this is not the critique my appearance thread. if you want to do that go there!
    delightful123
    edited April 2010
    QUOTE (Aki_ @ Apr 20 2010, 02:12 AM) »
    ^ thats not the point. the point was that they made an unnecessary criticism which was unwarranted within this thread which was pretty offensive to someone who was just sharing and didnt need to be told that she looked freaky or that her make up didnt suit her. this is not the critique my appearance thread. if you want to do that go there!

I think we really need to drop this. You don't want a mod giving all of us warning, do you?
    What we're ' debating ' about isn't really relevant to this thread.
  • cherubiecherubie Posts: 252Member
    edited April 2010
    QUOTE (Aki_ @ Apr 20 2010, 01:32 AM) »
    er definitely rude, someone going you dont look good with those, look does not suit you blahblah and starting off with 'no offence but...' its kinda like kanye west and taylor smith. you still stepped all over her and said something offensive. YOU DID A KANYE.

plus the other comment going 'you look "better"...' sheesh like seriously, if you want to say someone looks better, dont put apostrophe marks, its just as well saying she doesnt look better but you're saying it for the sake of saying she looks better relatively compared to something else. i.e not good enough still.

seriously, this thread isnt the critique my appearance thread, if you want to say something about her makeup and how she looks, go do it there when she's posted it there. if not just keep it to yourself.

I was actually trying to be nice to let her know MY opinion of her makeup. I said "better" because the lighting and her skin DOES look better. So if your girlfriend has bad makeup on and makes her look even worse, you're just going to let her walk around looking like a clown, because that's the nice thing to do? It's not like letting her know that her makeup is too much is going to benefit ME in any way, it doesn't make me feel any better. That's like seeing a person with a green vegetable stuck between their teeth and not letting them know, simply because you don't want to offend them. I remember the first time I tried to put on makeup, I used bright red eyeshadow on my monolid eyes. No blending, no mascara. Plus red lipstick. Looking back at my pictures, I wish someone had been there to tell me I look like a baboon's Richard Simmons. But nope, everyone was too "nice" to let me know.

Also, by posting your pictures online, you should be ope n to comments. I'm tired of all these "YOU LOOK SO CUTE!" comments when that's obviously not the case. If she's open minded enough, she'll take the advice with a grain of salt and continue to do her makeup as she wishes. I'm sorry but I didn't see any rules stating, "please reply with only positive comments regardless of how bad/good the makeup is."
    lovej
    edited April 2010
    1. okay sorry i took the apostrophes the wrong way then. but not the critique my appearance thread, she shared pictures cos everyone else was. there are alot of ppl here who i would say they need to do stuff to look better because they can, but i'm not. its not my place to say it, and its hell not the right thread to do it. WRONG TOPIC

2. WRONG TOPIC. moving on moar before/after pics please -> dont really care if you look like Richard Simmons before/after, we all still look human, presentable and sometimes its fun to see different styles of makeup which people do to rock different looks. tyvm.

@SnugglyKitty look. so what? there's no point in going around and pointing it out. the more i look at it, initially i didnt think you were rude in anyway except being straightforward and frank, but going around talking about it and commenting in every thread she is in and trying to make things worse. thats rude.
    edited April 2010
    Ok this is my last post regarding that girl ( lol ). I'm sure that girl whom got critiqued upon is extremely sensitive. I mean, look... I have found 2 posts made by her QQ'ing in different threads about how ' rude ' people can be on soompi.

All I can say is... if a person cannot toughen up and ignore some people on community boards, then they don't belong in the e-world to begin with.
    lovej
  • RocketteRockette In My InsanityPosts: 395Member

ROOKIE

QUOTE (feggyKPOPholic @ Aug 4 2009, 06:34 PM) »
    so here is me with hardly any make upp on my face

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu287/m...ghtvoice/11.jpg[/img]

and this is me with much more xD

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu287/m...tvoice/12-1.jpg[/img]

ps: the pics arent that new. i dont have blonde hair anymore

Whoa! The color of your eyes are gorgeous, you look beautiful with and without makeup! <3

-Rockette
    ..."Veritas Lux Mea"... (a.k.a The Truth Enlightens Me )

• d00lied00lie U.S.A.Posts: 2,320Member

IDOL

edited April 2010
    QUOTE (B21 @ Apr 19 2010, 05:35 PM) »
    contouring/bronzer really helps make my face look thinner image.
    the second one is my everyday makeup look and the last picture was my everyday look in past winter (sorry the flash is strong).
    Make up really boost my confidence and makes me feel less fat (for some reason ><;) and presentable.

ahhh!! teach me how to contour/apply bronzer like that --''. I usually just wear foundation but then I realize that it makes my face look more fat and flat. (i guess since it's all the same color without having a "focus?") i just got a bronzer but idk how to use it lolololol.

i like how natural your makeup looks but you look cute in specs too :].

• dianalikesbuttsdianalikesbutts southern calPosts: 1,526Member
    QUOTE (CherryColors @ Apr 4 2010, 06:43 AM) »
    It's time for me to update.. xD

I took the photos today, because I was doing a tutorial..
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WPwUF7wXld0/S7iV...beforeAfter.jpg[/img]

wow you are so pretty!