Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Period Lasting More Than A Week.

number;10:letter;Jnumber;10:letter;J Suju Dong Bang WorldPosts: 174Member
what could be the matter?
i'm asking this because i don't know why i'm having my period for more than week. it has been over a month actually.

see.. i got my period around the beginning of this month..

then i got a yeast infection while i was on my period. so i bought treatment for it.. since i got a yeast infection. my period stopped for a few days. after the treatment. my period started again. but really really light. so light that i can use panti liners for them. now. it's getting heavier.

right now. i'm still on my period.

i know there's a term for this. and something is being scratched up.

also. i know you guys are telling me to go to the doctor.. but see. i can't really do that. cause i don't have insurance.. i tried applying for one but i got denied... because i'm small and weigh less than 100. they think i have medical issues. i told them that it's genetic and they still didn't approve me.

can anyone tell me what i can do. is there like medical treatments for this?
Don't PM ME cause my computer is broken. I won't be able to contact you. Contact me through this link: Contact Eternal Miracles

Comments

• ~ BunnyliciouS ~~ BunnyliciouS ~ Mum OregonPosts: 26,310Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

edited March 2007
    that's a serious matter though... too bad you can't go to a doctor image

where're you located?
    every country should have a clinic for people who can't afford medical expenses and don't have insurance but still can get proper treatments.

in USA there's Planned Parenthood for that.

• f_ishief_ishie Posts: 3,429Member
    hey this just happened to me!!
    i had my period for about like 3 weeks and i was freaking out
    but then it stopped now but yea don't worry about it
    it happened to me and now i'm fine now
    hehe
    민호~ <3 남편 사랑해~~:]

come visit bubble girl
  • number;10:letter;Jnumber;10:letter;J Suju Dong Bang WorldPosts: 174Member
    QUOTE(~ BunnyliciouS ~ @ Mar 26 2007, 12:46 PM) »
    that's a serious matter though... too bad you can't go to a doctor image

where're you located?
    every country should have a clinic for people who can't afford medical expenses and don't have insurance but still can get proper treatments.

in USA there's Planned Parenthood for that.

califonia..

they have a planned parenthood here

but they deal with stuff like that? i thought it was only for people who are pregnant or people who had unprotective sex?
    Don't PM ME cause my computer is broken. I won't be able to contact you. Contact me through this link: Contact Eternal Miracles
  • ~ BunnyliciouS ~~ BunnyliciouS ~ Mum OregonPosts: 26,310Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

edited March 2007
    QUOTE(number;10:letter;J @ Mar 26 2007, 12:48 PM) »
    califonia..

they have a planned parenthood here

but they deal with stuff like that? i thought it was only for people who are pregnant or people who had unprotective sex?

o no no.. they do bunch of women's health related, such as prescribe birth control pills, do annual Pap smear, if you've genital infection (yeast infection, STD) you can go there too.

you should go there ^__^

• pink1epink1e 我 是 쇼바holic SF Bay AreaPosts: 4,369Friend of Soompi

IDOL

edited March 2007
    So, I helped you do a bit of researching and found that the prolonged period is called menorrhagia.

QUOTE(http://www.knowmycycle.com/menstrual-questions.aspx)
    Soaking a sanitary napkin or tampon every hour or so or menstruating for longer than 7 days are both considered forms of menorrhagia. A Heavy bleeding is generally little more than an inconvenience that at worst may cause anemia because of excessive blood loss. Occasionally heavy periods can indicate a more serious health problem. Talk to your health care professional if you experience heavy bleeding with clotting. He or she can conduct tests to rule out fibroids or some forms of cancer.

Though it also might be internal bleeding.

For the sake of your health and well being, just go to a doctor or a clinic as bunny said. I know you don't have insurance but it's better alive and well than dead and sorry (exaggerated a bit, but it's better to find out sooner than later).
    Pink1e's Shop | Shop (Closed - just place holding. Reopening soon with different focus)
    thanks guys.. will call planned parenthood and make an appointment..
  • EchoeEchoe New YorkPosts: 4,024Friend of Soompi

ROOKIE

I've had m yperiod once for ten days...
    it just means you're healthy and your cycle is ...rigorous.
    Do you remember the first time when you felt alive?
    -Tell me your secret, my dear child-
  • redringletsredringlets wa waPosts: 421Member
    planned parenthood will probably be able to help you out~ where i live they also have a low cost clinic right beside the planned parenthood where you pay a certain price and it covers everything in the visit and my friend only had to pay like $35..so yeah. i hope you're able to find out what's wrong and feel better soon.
  • xohiwoxairaxohiwoxaira CanadaPosts: 420Member
    i ahve no clue but u think more than a week is long my freind mom had it for 2 years striaght
    'rockintheFOBboat
    boys over flower ♥ &2PM; I SUPPORT JAEBEOM
  • krankeekrankee Posts: 1,361Member
    ^ she what? 2 years straight nonstop? are you foreal?
    to survive is to struggle; to live, is to find happiness in the struggle.
  • EMPIREEMPIRE Posts: 2,101Member
    edited March 2007
    ^ 2 years?! ..i had mines for 2 months and i thought i was gonna die ..aiyaH sucks big time

my period always lasts for more then 2 weeks ..i get my period once every few months but it lasts too long ..i went to my doctor they put me on this pill but it wasn't strong enough to stop my heavy bleeding ..so i had to start talking birth control ..but i'm off it cause i don't want to take bc ..i might just go back on it cause its getting ridiculous.

i would recommend bc then ..or just give it some time. sorry i really don't know myself since i'm in the process of trying to get help myself ^^*

..oh and also i became an anemic cause i lost a lot of iron in my blood because of this ..i had to take tablets for iron//Slow Fe ..you might end up with the same problem too
  • cooki3scooki3s NYPosts: 866Member

ROOKIE

the longest i had my period was for one month, and yea it SUCKED
    i went to the doctor and she told me it was normal image
    turned out it was becuase i kept skipping lunch and it went back to normal...

• kiss_mekiss_me PixieHollowPosts: 596Member
    ooh don't freak out too much..i always get my period every 5 months and it lasts 1 WHOLE MONTH! image ~

i checked with my doctor and he said it's really normal cuz i kinda weigh a bit more that the normal weight >need to diet!< plus i started my period when i was 10 y/o~ which is really early!...so yeah! v(^_-)v
    我們都必須要學著勇敢,因為沒有人可以永遠照顧你,要學著面對,學著放下...

MySpace

My411
    this is something that's been in my mind lately.. since i started my period.. well.. a week after to be exact..

i started to feel nauseous.. morning.. night.. afternoon.. i become get hungry a lot too..
  • itsSO0JINitsSO0JIN near the white housePosts: 562Member

ROOKIE

-O- i though i was the only one.. none of my friends were like me.

i first got my period over a year ago (12) and i STILL dont get it monthly, more like every 2-4 months. since dec. 05' ive gotten it maybe about 5 times. image
    and when i do get it its heavy and lasts 1-2 weeks. only time it wasn't heavy was the first time i got it.

i should really go to the gynecologist, but i'm pretty sure i dont have any kind of std since i haven't had sex/share drinks and other stuff with mouth touching. i'll probably end up going sometime in spring break. i'll come back and tell you what they said when i do image

My Blog studying abroad in Korea!
  • 5imply_5wt5imply_5wt Posts: 3,064Friend of Soompi
    wow.. that's must suck soo much.. um i dunno.. how old are you btw?? because if you are young then it is usual for people to get their period that lasts longer.. but if you are older like in your 20s or sumthing.. then if might be something to do with ur internal stuff..
  • crunkyp0pcrunkyp0p JayWalker Posts: 1,803Member
    -O- i though i was the only one.. none of my friends were like me.

i first got my period over a year ago (12) and i STILL dont get it monthly, more like every 2-4 months. since dec. 05' ive gotten it maybe about 5 times.
    and when i do get it its heavy and lasts 1-2 weeks. only time it wasn't heavy was the first time i got it.

i should really go to the gynecologist, but i'm pretty sure i dont have any kind of std since i haven't had sex/share drinks and other stuff with mouth touching. i'll probably end up going sometime in spring break. i'll come back and tell you what they said when i do

Your like me and we are the same age, but when I do get it is not that heavy but I get really BAD BAD pains, I went to a gynecologist and she put me on the birth control pill because my pain was soo BAD, that I fainted and went to the hospital, but BC pills are annoying you have to take it everyday, I got on it. The doctor said it's normal so don't worry.
    one more chance ...
  • 31Neko31Neko Posts: 56Member
    did you just start getting it? it takes a few years to become steadier and more normal. =)
  • kyungxahkyungxah Posts: 1,261Member
    wow a month?? thats sooooo long T_T
    mine seriously last exactly 4 days.
    and like i have my period every 29 days.
    i think im abnormal image;
  • flyxme.flyxme. ???????? Posts: 6,750Member

IDOL

Like last last week or. w.e. i forgot. XD

I got it for 9 freakin` days, but then after the 7th day I used pantiliners. really light..
    but 2 day later it was gone.