Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you know that SoompiTV now has "We Got Married," "Dad! Where Are We Going?" and "Infinity Challenge" with subtitles? ^^v

Potatoes And Pimples..

bawkbawk Posts: 2,509Member

IDOL

...I think I saw this in a thread way back, but j/w if u apply slices of potato onto your skin will it help pimples go away??? image

Replies

• tramytramy s m : ) e Posts: 1,602Member
    i heard about tht too

20charactersss
  • yoonicelandyooniceland 012309. DALLASPosts: 1,706Member
    WOAH REALLY?? If that really works, then my family will actually USE the huge sack of potatoes! I wonder if onions can do that too...
  • kandikandi Posts: 3,789Member
    ^ errrrrrrr not too sure about onions wouldnt that just make u cry and give u weird smelling skin..

ok thanks for the potato tip ^^
    IMG_1283-1-1.png
    store|polkadot&lace : â™¥ freebie with every order â™¥
    blog| nanna nap
  • Tranny-sterTranny-ster Posts: 398Member
    lol, my mom once recommended a "potato mask" that was supposed to help clear acne and she wanted to try it with someone. so i agreed, did the potato mask [grated potato] and the next day, i broke out like crazy, and was never able to get my clear face back again.

so...i wouldn't recommend the potato idea. instead, try cucumbers.
  • dbsk&lt;3manga&lt;3dbsk<3manga<3 Posts: 214Member
    ^what do cucumbers do? i've always wondered that.... image

when i searched up google for "potatoes acne remedy", this website said that potatoes r good for whiteheads and they have vitamin c which makes ur skin glow and the alkaline in them helps kill bacteria on ur face. and they also have an exfoliating effect help u get rid of dead skin cells. o, papayas have same effects too!
  • jeudixjeudix Posts: 57Member
    =D i wanted to try this.
    i went to a korean store, and the lady said to use potatos with flour.
    never tried it tho.. because i just thought she was insane O_O but now, that i have more insight, maybe i'll try it out for real. =P
  • serenity_anzelserenity_anzel Posts: 127Member
    mayb i will try it sumday wid potatoes.. LOL
  • sojuiicysojuiicy Posts: 531Member
    potatoes don't actually workkk .. image but cucumbers actually work because its known that cucumbers will calm the skin & keep it cool . as well my mom heard this from someone . she said to use a boiled egg & roll it on your face or something .. it has to be hot & its supposed to take all the toxins out of your face . since boiled eggs can absorb liquids . and then if you cut inside of the egg you can see like the black stuff , its the toxins from your body o_O i tried it and it worked .

Shop Status Requests Survey
  • lilpinkheartslilpinkhearts Stuck in Kpop fandomPosts: 1,759Member
    haha the idea of using potatoes just freaks me out. im fine with cucumbers/papaya though.

hmm...the egg thing seems cool. but a bit...strange x)
    DONG BANG SHIN KI! <3333
    ♥Jaejoong Yunho Xiah Micky Changmin♥

Super Junior, Shinhwa, SS501, Bi, Lee Hyori, Yoon Eun Hye, KPOP! (:

"All the world's a stage, and all the men are merely players"
  • x`aNNiie.x`aNNiie. AustraliaPosts: 3,505Member

IDOL

i tried potato carrot and flour o.O smellls SSSSSSSOOOOO bad and it dried out like crazy so some blackhead went but i stopped coz it smelt and took ages so they came bak image

-KeY;;<33-

• AzuraAzura *MINOZ'S ANGEL* Sarang &#51060;&#48124;&#54840; Flower Land...Posts: 17,520Friend of Soompi

IDOL

how long do we have to leave the potato on the face?
    imageimage

thanks beth for the siggy....Met Minho in Seoul 21 June 2009.
  • SnugglesBbySnugglesBby Posts: 250Member
    QUOTE(sojuiicy @ Apr 29 2007, 07:09 PM) »
    potatoes don't actually workkk .. image but cucumbers actually work because its known that cucumbers will calm the skin & keep it cool . as well my mom heard this from someone . she said to use a boiled egg & roll it on your face or something .. it has to be hot & its supposed to take all the toxins out of your face . since boiled eggs can absorb liquids . and then if you cut inside of the egg you can see like the black stuff , its the toxins from your body o_O i tried it and it worked .

yea, hard-boiled eggs are good; usually used on bruises.
    life motto: we're all going to die anyways.
  • aznscrewballaznscrewball Posts: 844Member
    I know this is getting a bit offtopic, but can you explain more about the egg thing? It seems cool!
  • minwoogrlminwoogrl somewhere...Posts: 1,039Friend of Soompi

ROOKIE

yes I've done potatoes and milk, and it smelt like puke image It feels REALLY gross and cold. image I don't think I'll ever do that again. It did, however, make my face soft and lighter for awhile.
    Are you attracted to me like O's are to H's??? O_o
  • Maybelline LiMaybelline Li 3005 Posts: 3,742Friend of Soompi

IDOL

QUOTE(sojuiicy @ Apr 29 2007, 09:09 PM) »

i wanna try

do you peel the egg shell or leave it?
    credits to Saranghae012
    US GMARKET SURVEY
  • aquapoppieaquapoppie modern-day sylph Los AngelesPosts: 520Member
    I thought potatoes were for lightening skin, and the korean radish (mu) was for acne treatment? I dunno...
    IPB Image IPB Image
    ~lovely avie and banner set by LoveTwinsFreak, banner credits to Bae~
  • juicydarlingjuicydarling new jerseyyyy X]Posts: 815Friend of Soompi
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!

CUCUMBERS WORK!!!!!!!!!

I'm usually really lazy to cut up cucumbers and leave them on my face for 15 minutes,
    BUT THEY WORK!
    Every time I do this I get a great result, and it leaves my face toned(?), fresh, whiter, glowing, and clean! ^.^
    I really recommend it~

You slice up the cucumbers (VERY VERY THINLY~) I have a cucumber slicing thing made especially for my face. (I don't know where you can get it, maybe some asian market places? I got mine from Korea)
    Then, you put them on your face. If the cucumber slice is REALLY thin, it stays on your skin easier than if it's thicker ^^
    Leave it on for 15-20 minutes? I'm not sure~
    Then, I usually wash my face. But I'm not sure if you have to.
    Haha~ Voila!!!!! Cucumber mask is done ^^ It's REALLY effective and easy!

Don't know about the Potato thing though o.o;
  • lilil aZn babelilil aZn babe Posts: 2,690Member
    ooh i heard about that!! my mom use to do that.. for my bro!! im juss like O_______O
    my shop: http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/355970-usa-%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0-%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0-%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0-%E2%96%A0-n-e-w-s-h-o-p-%E2%96%A0-%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0-%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0-%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0/