Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Potatoes And Pimples..

bawkbawk Posts: 2,509Member
...I think I saw this in a thread way back, but j/w if u apply slices of potato onto your skin will it help pimples go away??? image

Comments

• tramytramy s m : ) e Posts: 1,602Member
    i heard about tht too

20charactersss
  • yoonicelandyooniceland 012309. DALLASPosts: 1,706Member
    WOAH REALLY?? If that really works, then my family will actually USE the huge sack of potatoes! I wonder if onions can do that too...
  • kandikandi Posts: 3,789Member
    ^ errrrrrrr not too sure about onions wouldnt that just make u cry and give u weird smelling skin..

ok thanks for the potato tip ^^
    IMG_1283-1-1.png
    store|polkadot&lace : â™¥ freebie with every order â™¥
    blog| nanna nap
  • Tranny-sterTranny-ster Posts: 398Member
    lol, my mom once recommended a "potato mask" that was supposed to help clear acne and she wanted to try it with someone. so i agreed, did the potato mask [grated potato] and the next day, i broke out like crazy, and was never able to get my clear face back again.

so...i wouldn't recommend the potato idea. instead, try cucumbers.
  • dbsk&lt;3manga&lt;3dbsk<3manga<3 Posts: 214Member
    ^what do cucumbers do? i've always wondered that.... image

when i searched up google for "potatoes acne remedy", this website said that potatoes r good for whiteheads and they have vitamin c which makes ur skin glow and the alkaline in them helps kill bacteria on ur face. and they also have an exfoliating effect help u get rid of dead skin cells. o, papayas have same effects too!
  • jeudixjeudix Posts: 57Member
    =D i wanted to try this.
    i went to a korean store, and the lady said to use potatos with flour.
    never tried it tho.. because i just thought she was insane O_O but now, that i have more insight, maybe i'll try it out for real. =P
  • serenity_anzelserenity_anzel Posts: 127Member
    mayb i will try it sumday wid potatoes.. LOL
  • sojuiicysojuiicy Posts: 531Member
    potatoes don't actually workkk .. image but cucumbers actually work because its known that cucumbers will calm the skin & keep it cool . as well my mom heard this from someone . she said to use a boiled egg & roll it on your face or something .. it has to be hot & its supposed to take all the toxins out of your face . since boiled eggs can absorb liquids . and then if you cut inside of the egg you can see like the black stuff , its the toxins from your body o_O i tried it and it worked .

Shop Status Requests Survey
  • lilpinkheartslilpinkhearts Stuck in Kpop fandomPosts: 1,759Member
    haha the idea of using potatoes just freaks me out. im fine with cucumbers/papaya though.

hmm...the egg thing seems cool. but a bit...strange x)
    DONG BANG SHIN KI! <3333
    ♥Jaejoong Yunho Xiah Micky Changmin♥

Super Junior, Shinhwa, SS501, Bi, Lee Hyori, Yoon Eun Hye, KPOP! (:

"All the world's a stage, and all the men are merely players"
  • x`aNNiie.x`aNNiie. AustraliaPosts: 3,505Member
    i tried potato carrot and flour o.O smellls SSSSSSSOOOOO bad and it dried out like crazy so some blackhead went but i stopped coz it smelt and took ages so they came bak image

-KeY;;<33-

• AzuraAzura *MINOZ'S ANGEL* Sarang &#51060;&#48124;&#54840; Flower Land...Posts: 17,520Friend of Soompi

IDOL

how long do we have to leave the potato on the face?
    imageimage

thanks beth for the siggy....Met Minho in Seoul 21 June 2009.
  • SnugglesBbySnugglesBby Posts: 250Member
    QUOTE(sojuiicy @ Apr 29 2007, 07:09 PM) »
    potatoes don't actually workkk .. image but cucumbers actually work because its known that cucumbers will calm the skin & keep it cool . as well my mom heard this from someone . she said to use a boiled egg & roll it on your face or something .. it has to be hot & its supposed to take all the toxins out of your face . since boiled eggs can absorb liquids . and then if you cut inside of the egg you can see like the black stuff , its the toxins from your body o_O i tried it and it worked .

yea, hard-boiled eggs are good; usually used on bruises.
    life motto: we're all going to die anyways.
  • aznscrewballaznscrewball Posts: 844Member
    I know this is getting a bit offtopic, but can you explain more about the egg thing? It seems cool!
  • minwoogrlminwoogrl somewhere...Posts: 1,039Friend of Soompi

ROOKIE

yes I've done potatoes and milk, and it smelt like puke image It feels REALLY gross and cold. image I don't think I'll ever do that again. It did, however, make my face soft and lighter for awhile.
    Are you attracted to me like O's are to H's??? O_o
  • Maybelline LiMaybelline Li 3005 Posts: 3,742Friend of Soompi

IDOL

QUOTE(sojuiicy @ Apr 29 2007, 09:09 PM) »

i wanna try

do you peel the egg shell or leave it?
    credits to Saranghae012
    US GMARKET SURVEY
  • aquapoppieaquapoppie modern-day sylph Los AngelesPosts: 520Member
    I thought potatoes were for lightening skin, and the korean radish (mu) was for acne treatment? I dunno...
    IPB Image IPB Image
    ~lovely avie and banner set by LoveTwinsFreak, banner credits to Bae~
  • juicydarlingjuicydarling new jerseyyyy X]Posts: 815Friend of Soompi
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!

CUCUMBERS WORK!!!!!!!!!

I'm usually really lazy to cut up cucumbers and leave them on my face for 15 minutes,
    BUT THEY WORK!
    Every time I do this I get a great result, and it leaves my face toned(?), fresh, whiter, glowing, and clean! ^.^
    I really recommend it~

You slice up the cucumbers (VERY VERY THINLY~) I have a cucumber slicing thing made especially for my face. (I don't know where you can get it, maybe some asian market places? I got mine from Korea)
    Then, you put them on your face. If the cucumber slice is REALLY thin, it stays on your skin easier than if it's thicker ^^
    Leave it on for 15-20 minutes? I'm not sure~
    Then, I usually wash my face. But I'm not sure if you have to.
    Haha~ Voila!!!!! Cucumber mask is done ^^ It's REALLY effective and easy!

Don't know about the Potato thing though o.o;
  • lilil aZn babelilil aZn babe Posts: 2,690Member
    ooh i heard about that!! my mom use to do that.. for my bro!! im juss like O_______O
    my shop: http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/355970-usa-%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0-%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0-%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0-%E2%96%A0-n-e-w-s-h-o-p-%E2%96%A0-%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0-%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0-%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0%E2%96%A0/