Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

C I R C L E . L E N S Official Thread

Replies

• LEXINGTON.the1st.LEXINGTON.the1st. Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 47Member
    = =
    I'm glad that Australia is so far behind in terms of anything mildly trendy that this circle lens bull hasn't floated across our news networks.

Blind in 24 hours? Because of Lady Gaga?
    What. They. Smoking?!

Um.

Anyway,
    Has anyone tried out the new Adult series yet? They changed the design quite a lot and idk I can't make up my mind about them. ^^;
    我爱J-Hung ♥
    || t u m b l r ||
  • mularicemularice London, UKPosts: 755Member
    Clu3less wrote on 09 July 2010 - 01:45 AM:

from my experience, the diameter of the lenses don't really matter. Freshlooks are actually the same diameter as the circle lenses i wore. not sure if you've worn other contact lenses, but i believe most of the other regular contact brands are also 14. i know that acuvue and focus are both 14 at least.

question to anyone who has astigmatism: does wearing regular circle lenses bother you at all? or do you have the toric circle lenses?? i used to wear circle lenses until i found out that i had astigmatism after i switched eye doctors. don't know why he prescribed me with regular contacts if i had astigmatism but lol it explained why my eyesight was never completely clear and why the lenses shifted a lot. but i miss the way circle lenses made my eyes look and i was wondering if anyone else had the same issue with me and dealt with it?

I've said this a few times so sorry for people who are re-reading this!

I have bad astigmatism. I don't wear toric circle lenses. I find it fine, sure it's a bit blurry/not quite as clear as when I wear my daily lenses for astigmatism but that's expected. Anyway, did you find the circle lenses uncomfortable before you found out you had astigmatism? How bad is it? My cyl is -3.5! Mine don't slip much or move around so that's okay for me. Obviously everyone is individual but I mean, you've worn circle lenses before so you should be able to gauge how comfortable it is for you..? It's not like you'd wear circle lenses everyday and for extended periods of time everyday so unless they really irritate you and give you headaches/make your eyes hurt it should be fine for you to wear prescription but non toric lenses.
    A woman with good shoes is never ugly - Coco Chanel
     Follow me on Instagram !
  • GoongLOVExxGoongLOVExx wonderlandPosts: 276Member
    WENJJANG wrote on 08 July 2010 - 08:40 PM:

I really like Geo Nudy Grey, I get a lot of compliments about my eyes when I wear them. :D
    It isn't too bright but not to dark. They look amazing with the perfect light though.

Thank you!! I looked at some pictures and they look really pretty!
    Do they make your eyes look much bigger too? Or is it more about the color?
    blog - twitter - tumblr - lookbook.nu
    yuniegiftcg0.jpg
    Currently Watching: The Tatami Galaxy :: Current Obsession: Asobi Seksu
  • WENJJANGWENJJANG ?? CaliforniaPosts: 7,127Member

IDOL

edited July 2010
    GoongLOVExx wrote on 08 July 2010 - 06:58 PM:

Thank you!! I looked at some pictures and they look really pretty!
    Do they make your eyes look much bigger too? Or is it more about the color?

Yes, they do a pretty good job ^^ and I need to buy more since my last pair expired.
    I am going to send you a photo of them on me, since I am not comfortable anymore with posting them on here.
  • StellarEffectStellarEffect SeoulPosts: 369Member
    edited July 2010
    My last time wearing these. It’s been a year now since I’ve had my DM-23’s, and I thought I would take a final picture before I discarded them. (I've changed the lighting, added contrast, etc., but other than that, I think this is a pretty accurate represntation of what the lenses look like.)

4776221302_fd76df1720.jpg

Here’s a final review: If you’re opting for lenses that look natural, these are definitely ones to look at. The shade is just slightly lighter than my real eyes (which are a dull, chocolate brown). The thick ring around it gives it a nice touch; even though the DM-23’s don’t really have any special design or pattern inside of it, the ring gives the eyes nice definition and helps it to stand out. As I’ve worn these over time, I have noticed that they’re drying out my eyes more quickly than the first few months I had them. I’m not sure if this is due to the contact lenses itself or because of how frequently I wear them (wearing them on a daily basis is a bad, bad idea). I have to carry around eyedrops if I know I’ll be wearing them for the entire day. Other than this, I’ve had very few problems with them throughout the course of the year. I really have been very satisfied with these and encourage anyone who wants just a subtle change to look into them.
       at my most beautiful   
  • AsobiSeksuAsobiSeksu ??? Posts: 3,509Member

IDOL

^i second this also. i LOVED my dm-23's before i had to throw them out. they were awesome, natural, and comfortable.

i'm gonna try out geo's bc-102 as for my new brown lenses.
  • martha_baybeemartha_baybee Posts: 51Member
    So i really want circle lenses but i dont know where to get them:(
    i live in the US and i dont know a good seller :sweatingbullets:
    can someone help me??
  • kikkiekikkie Girl. L.A., CaliforniaPosts: 1,808Member

IDOL

omggg I just saw the video with mizvaleer! Like ordering color contacts off 1800contacts is any different =___=
  • JailbaitQueenJailbaitQueen South DakotaPosts: 211Member
    edited July 2010
    EOS Flower Pink
    6c66f030.jpg

dfd3b2e8.jpg

better pic of ruby red
    59cb71a0.jpg
    09e06728-1.jpg

xck105
    04e49106-1.jpg
    05ec6220.jpg

06b43ca6.jpg
    ck105 on top
    xck105 on bottom
  • JailbaitQueenJailbaitQueen South DakotaPosts: 211Member
    YolieP wrote on 08 July 2010 - 11:56 PM:

Hi girls, just a quick question. Has anyone purchased lenses from this site? www.vivid-beauty.com
    I already ordered one pair of lenses from there before, though the lenses were too uncomfortable. Could of been the design or so, I don't know.
    I ordered a new pair the other day so I'm waiting for them. Anyways just i've been reading and people say that cheap lenses are probably fake. the most expensive that site sells is $38 but that's for toric lenses and $25 for cosplay lenses. The rest are no more than $19 plus it's always free shipping. I looked up the site on youtube and there's a few videos doing a review on them. I personally think it's a reliable site and that the lenses are real but well, just in case. So if anyone has bought from them please reply just for assurance. ^^

Vivid beauty is freaking amazing. Super great customer support and good prices. I love them. My favorite place to buy geo lenses ever
  • Clu3lessClu3less Posts: 590Member
    mythairefyry wrote on 08 July 2010 - 09:22 PM:

I have astigmatism and it doesn't really bother me when I wear regular circle lenses. We might have different circumstances though.. I only have astigmatism on my left eye. I am also not an everyday user of circle lenses. When I do wear it though, I'd be able to wear it for a couple of hours without any sort of discomfort.

Btw, I think your message has a typo?? You said you used to wear "circle lenses until you realized you have astigmatism" so i don't get why you're asking others regarding this if you've already tried them yourself :P. Did you mean regular contacts? Ah..sorry I'm not hating or anything I'm just trying to point out a potential source of confusion XD

QUESTION!
    Does anyone have any coupons for circle lenses ? Or at least know a site that has a sale going on right now. Thank you!

thanks for your answer!

and lol no it's not a typo. i know it's kind of a silly question to ask since i tried circle lenses before but i was just wondering if other people with astigmatism had the same issue as me with circle lenses.

mularice wrote on 08 July 2010 - 09:47 PM:

I've said this a few times so sorry for people who are re-reading this!

I have bad astigmatism. I don't wear toric circle lenses. I find it fine, sure it's a bit blurry/not quite as clear as when I wear my daily lenses for astigmatism but that's expected. Anyway, did you find the circle lenses uncomfortable before you found out you had astigmatism? How bad is it? My cyl is -3.5! Mine don't slip much or move around so that's okay for me. Obviously everyone is individual but I mean, you've worn circle lenses before so you should be able to gauge how comfortable it is for you..? It's not like you'd wear circle lenses everyday and for extended periods of time everyday so unless they really irritate you and give you headaches/make your eyes hurt it should be fine for you to wear prescription but non toric lenses.

thanks and sorry if you've posted this a few times. i'm not at this thread too often. X]

thanks for your post, my cyl is -3.25 on one eye and -1.5 on the other. i hate how different both my eyes are. but yea circle lenses were uncomfortable even before i found out i had astigmatism, but that was the same with contacts as well. dunno how my eye doctors screwed up on giving me regular contacts and saying it was normal that it was uncomfortable. i think i might give circle lenses a try again.

thanks again!
  • SmexyJewelzSmexyJewelz Posts: 21Member
    Batgirl wrote on 08 July 2010 - 10:38 PM:

That cbs vid with MizValeer is such a complete lie!!!!
    I'm so angry about the inaccuracy!
    I mean only 14 pairs? We KNOW you've bought more girl!!! Fesss uppppp ahahahahahaha

Its almost like a slap in the face to asia. They're implying that Asia could possibly have rather infelicitous quality control. They think that they don't care about people's eyes overseas. What makes manufacturers in the US so much more attentive to producing contact lenses? I live in the U.S., was born here and am offended by the allegations they're implying.

Anyways! I'm getting some EOS flower browns soon. It's being shipped to the seller so i'll probably get to review it in 2 weeks. Weeeeeeeeee. I just hope they start restocking Neo lucky clover greens soon. Honeycolor and koreabigeyes both told me June at first and now pushed back the inventory to July. Charlene will start selling it this month too. I want nowwwww

Ah ha,,, that's exactly what I was thinking when I watched too lol...

There are two things going on here... A) Their basing some of their info on young kids using the lenses who may not be all that great at following proper cleansing techniques..sharing between friends, overwearing etc.. and the fact that optomolegists enjoy having their thumb on the market... prior to circle lenses I would easily pay 35-70 a pair for disposable coloured contacts, with limited colour choices at that... so ya, of course they want that money.
  • jodycolourjodycolour 사랑 Posts: 2,762Member

IDOL

edited July 2010
    hkukaudition wrote on 06 July 2010 - 08:10 AM:

If you get circle lenses with a high water content then they are usually extremely comfortable. I have a lot of normal circle lenses but now that im in HK im making sure that the lenses i buy have a higher water content because then i know that they'll be more comfy.. its hard to find the high water content ones just online sometimes though.. which is why i make sure i buy mine from the stores i like to make sure i know they have them.

Oooh, you are buying them in a store in Hong Kong?
    I'm going in a few months and I want to get a pair or two.
    What brands do they have in that store? How much do they usually cost there?
    And if it's possible, can you PM me the store's name?

❤  Song Joong Ki, Joo Won, Lee Jung Shin, Kwon Ji Yong, Sung Joon, Hong Jong Hyun, Lee Soo Hyuk, Kim Woo Bin  
    Currently watching:  Fated to Love You (Kor), Marriage Not Dating, Triangle, High School King, High School: Love On, Temptation, It's Okay It's Love
  • snsdlove9snsdlove9 Posts: 2New Member
    Hahaha those articles actually had an opposite effect on me. I became even more intrigued and now I really want a pair!! I currently wear normal contact lenses so I'm well informed on your average lens care.

Can anyone recommend me any good stores that sell instock EOS lenses with prescription? I'm still a bit wary of pre-orders >.<

Thanks in advanced!
  • jenniferocjenniferoc &#12471;&#12489;&#12491;&#12540;Posts: 1,203Member

ROOKIE

edited July 2010
    Hey guys!

I just started a blog and made my first post on my GEO angel browns(though you guys are probably sick of hearing about these)! Would love it if you guys checked it out~

http://rihiyori.blogspot.com/

27349239.png
    No Flash:
    33444052.png
    Flash:
    60463281.png

LOOOVE these lenses so much!!!

xx.jenn

• PolleoPolleo Posts: 49Member

ROOKIE

snsdlove9 wrote on 09 July 2010 - 12:30 PM:

Hahaha those articles actually had an opposite effect on me. I became even more intrigued and now I really want a pair!! I currently wear normal contact lenses so I'm well informed on your average lens care.

Can anyone recommend me any good stores that sell instock EOS lenses with prescription? I'm still a bit wary of pre-orders >.<

Thanks in advanced!

I got mine from Tokio Shine but they're away for a week picking up some new things. :) I was really excited because they had prescription for green lenses which is hard to find!
  • fire1989sgfire1989sg Posts: 72Member
    edited July 2010
    Just opened my Flower Pinks~soaking them now.
    Couldnt resist wearing one side lol~
    Shall take proper pics tml if i wear them out (cuz right one one side of my eye is kinda...swollen? hurts when i blink hard >_<)

I notice that the printing isnt that close to the edge. Its only 14mm so enlargement is not that much~
    10wofoj.jpg
  • SeLcaQueenSeLcaQueen MiddLe of NowherePosts: 2,092Member
    Are ultra ck 105 and xck 105 the same?? :huh:
    image© br4d
    Facebook || Cyworld || Twitter || Tumblr
  • --Lj--Lj Posts: 390Member
    edited July 2010
    SeLcaQueen wrote on 09 July 2010 - 04:56 PM:

Are ultra ck 105 and xck 105 the same?? :huh:

Yes. They are the same.
    &they look awesome on Jailbait Queen!
  • saiainoshisaiainoshi Newport BeachPosts: 366Member

ROOKIE

Love love love love! These are pretty enlarging, and a beautiful shade of blue. They're not a neon blue, not terribly dark, almost look grey in most pictures... overall I loooove the lens! They're super comfy too :) The lens itself reminds me of adore bitone a lot.

jewelblues.jpg
    jewelblue2.jpg
    gyaruoutfit2.jpg