Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Celebritites Who Are Christian

Replies

• mama bearmama bear mama bear now lives in HWA AHN DANG!Posts: 622Member
    oh i see...now its quite clear. is lee da-hae a christian..and the guy from green rose.GO SOO...i cant find this thread!
  • kyelinkyelin indonesiaPosts: 1,334Member
    arghhhhhh!!!!!!!
    how i wish my idol, yoon kye sang also a christian too ... image image

but he isn't, he's an atheist ...

well.... that's ok
    i always love him anyway, hehe.. image
  • whymewhyme Posts: 941Member
    edited March 2007
    QUOTE(samshiku @ Feb 23 2007, 11:25 AM) »
    dongwan carries a bible in his little backpack but hyesung is the one who takes the bible out frm dongwan's bag to do quiet time/ read it lol...eric and andy are frm christian families i think... eric composed a gospel-like song on the 7th album^^
    it's nice to know about this info ^_______________^
    i mean.. i listen to Shinhwa
    but never know about such thing
    and glad to know that Hyesung is actually read the Bible
    Currently reading: image
  • theLEGENDtheLEGEND ShinhwaForever6! ShinWorld!Posts: 2,219Friend of Soompi
    edited March 2007
    QUOTE(samshiku @ Feb 23 2007, 10:25 AM) »
    well i know for sure tt dongwan, eric , hyesung and andy are christians...im not too sure abt jinnie and minwoo but i know they DO pray in a group...

dongwan carries a bible in his little backpack but hyesung is the one who takes the bible out frm dongwan's bag to do quiet time/ read it lol...eric and andy are frm christian families i think... eric composed a gospel-like song on the 7th album^^

I've never heard about this one. Thank you samshiku for telling us. I'm glad to know that they are Christians.. well, I'm not really sure about Minwoo and JunJin image

QUOTE(whyme @ Mar 25 2007, 11:09 PM) »
    it's nice to know about this info ^_______________^
    i mean.. i listen to Shinhwa
    but never know about such thing
    and glad to know that Hyesung is actually read the Bible

Eric composed a gospel song. You can find the song on their 7th album. The title is "My Everything" image
    imageimage
  • sPark*sPark* CNB&ST&SJK<3<3 Posts: 4,668Member

IDOL

QUOTE(fatgrrl_slim @ Feb 25 2007, 12:14 AM) »
    Erm, as someone already pointed out, Catholics are also Christians. image

To answer a question above: yes, Song Hye Kyo is a Christian. I'm just not sure if she's Catholic or Protestant.

Yang MiKyung (Lady Han in Dae Jang Geum) is also a Christian (Catholic, to be precise). So is Kwon Sang Woo.

QUOTE(mmac80 @ Feb 25 2007, 01:57 AM) »
    Yup, Catholicism also fall under the umbrella of Christianity. Like Christians, Catholics live or at least try to live according to the teachings of Jesus Christ.
    ETA: I heard Gong Yoo is a Christian. Is that true?

just about to point this out. thank god there are other people who know this.
    CN Blue & Supreme Team & Song Joong Ki <3<3
    addicted to: 이선희 - 나 항상 그대를
  • smr05smr05 으네롭게 Posts: 2,323Friend of Soompi
    i think Yang Dong Geun is the most radical of them all tho..
    if you check out his latest album.. more than half are based on his Christianity..
    0022z.gif yehgif.gif

credit: yodya
  • miss_je3inmiss_je3in ArizonaPosts: 181Member
    JUNG SUN HEE
    there was a article or something
    that she goes to moring service
    everyday and never misses it
    like morning service at 6;00am
    thats when they start
    and that`s really good for a
    celebirty to do because they are tired
    and always busyy

uhm..i knoww when they are
    saying their speechs in award
    ceremonies whatever they are called >.<;;

SHOP 스쟁
    blinkie © the lovely innocentlove
  • glamangelglamangel Posts: 2Member
    Hallelujah!Glad to know that there is a Christian community watching K dramas!Also good to know that there are Christian actors too.I believe the rise of Hallyu(K drama wave) and its popularity is one of God's blessingsupon Korea as a large percentage of their population are born again.
  • koreanshorty5koreanshorty5 Posts: 20Member
    Brian from Fly to the sky, singer Tim, singer Byul, singer Lyn, from the group tvxq Micky Yoo Chun, and their are many more. I can't think of them at this moment!
    IPB Image

Isn't this a kute Yorkshire Terrier!

Xanga
    Myspace
  • xkrndreamerxkrndreamer BASKETBALL IS LIFE Cal State FullertonPosts: 6,293Friend of Soompi

IDOL

edited March 2007
    yes, catholics do fall under the category of christianity and so do mormons and jehovah witnesses. but you dont hear catholics saying they are christian. they say they are catholic. with protestants, they say they are christian. they dont say im protestant (well its very unlikely because protestants fall under many denominations and then they would have to tell what denomination they are).

also in history, john f kennedy was the first catholic president. the media didnt classify him as the first christian president because there were already protestants in the white house before him.

so theres something to think about.

back to the topic.

beautiful eugene noona is a born again christian.
    Casting Crowns - Listen To Our Hearts

"Hard work beats talent, when talent fails to work hard." -KD35
  • [master papaya][master papaya] Posts: 33Member
    edited March 2007
    Just to clarify some things:

People tend to think Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses fall under the category of Christianity, but their respective beliefs are different from that of Protestants. They manipulated and altered the Bible 360 degrees to suit their desires, and for their own convenience. I am in no position to protest or go against their religions; however, I only want to state that these two are absolutely different from Christianity.

And also, Catholicism has different practices from Christianity. They worship the Saints, Mary (Mother of Jesus) whereas Christians do not. Christians "admire" them for their faithfulness in God but they do not "worship" them. Presbyterian, Methodist (and etc), on the contrary, do bear a lot of similarities with Protestant and their foundations are firmly based on the Bible.

I hope you guys can now sort of tell the difference between Christianity (and its different branches/denominations), Catholicism, Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses.

Celebrities who are Christians:

- Shinhwa : Andy Lee, Eric Mun, Kim Dongwan
    - TVfXQ! : U-Know Yunho, Xiah Junsu, Micky Yoochun
    - Super Junior : Lee Donghae, Choi Shiwon, Lee Hyukjae, Kim Kibum (and I'm not sure about the rest)
    - YG family : SE7EN, Sean, Taebin, TaeYang (from Big Bang)
    - Tim
    - Fly To The Sky : Brian Joo
    - Lyn
    - Byul

I don't know anymore T_T.~~
  • EnchantedEnchanted U.S.APosts: 363Member

ROOKIE

QUOTE([master papaya] @ Mar 27 2007, 07:28 PM) »

People tend to think Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses fall under the category of Christianity, but their respective beliefs are different from that of Protestants. They manipulated and altered the Bible 360 degrees to suit their desires, and for their own convenience. I am in no position to protest or go against their religions; however, I only want to state that these two are absolutely different from Christianity.

And also, Catholicism has different practices from Christianity. They worship the Saints, Mary (Mother of Jesus) whereas Christians do not. Christians "admire" them for their faithfulness in God but they do not "worship" them. Presbyterian, Methodist (and etc), on the contrary, do bear a lot of similarities with Protestant and their foundations are firmly based on the Bible.

I hope you guys can now sort of tell the difference between Christianity (and its different branches/denominations), Catholicism, Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses.

- Super Junior : Lee Donghae, Choi Shiwon, Lee Hyukjae, Kim Kibum (and I'm not sure about the rest)
    - Tim
    - Lyn
    - Byul

Just to clarify something, Catholic DO NOT worships the saints nor Mary, we honor them. Honor and worship are two different thing.

Enchanted

Hwangbo
  • rachel022094rachel022094 Posts: 38Member
    QUOTE(zyrah @ Feb 22 2007, 02:09 AM) »
    Se7en, Taebin, Brian Joo and I think most of YG FAMILY are Christian..
    anyone feel free to correct me.

here's a similar thread.
    http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11551

seven catholic and boa too

QUOTE(jjowah @ Feb 23 2007, 03:19 AM) »
    catholics are christians too.. 좀 무시하는거 않이에요?
    동방신기<3
    슈퍼주니어<3
    보아<3
    edited March 2007
    Tim (he came to Korean fresh which a christian festivial)
    Jung Sun Hee ( she said in Yahsimmanamn that she goes to the morning prayer)
    Shawn and Jung Hae young

The people listed down said like i give thanks and glory to God at the 2006 Awards thingi

Lee Tae Ran( the girl from 7 princess)
    Choi Jung Won( the girl from 7 princess)
    Sung Yuri( dad's a pastor)
    Ha Ha(mom's a pastor)
    Tae jin ah (Eru 's dad)
    Baek Ji young
    The girl from loveholic
    Brian(fly to the sky)
    Dong Bang Shin Gi( also wrote Special thanks to God in all their storybooks)
    Lee Soo young( she's actually a christian singer, listen to her song in her 7th album.she prays at the end of Song Amen)
    Seo Ji young( Wrote special thanks to God in Album)
    Tablo(epik high)
    Yoon Eun Hye (her name means graces)
    Go Ara
    not all but some Superjunior members.( Ryeowook, Eun Hyuk, Siwon, Sung Min, Lee tewk, Kibum are_
    Jung Ruh won( the girl from which star are you from)
    Han Hye Jin( from jumong)
    Dae so ( from jumong. don't know his english name)
    Shin Era and her husband Cha. In Po
    Song Seong Hoon (from Autumn tale)
    Jung Da Bin was. Uni was too. RIP.
    Shinhwa( Eric, Dongwanm, Andy)
    Eugene from SES.
    Kim Tae Hee and Lee Wan
    Han Yel Sel ( girl from Fantasy couple)
    Joo Young jin( i think that's how you spell his name. His the one that got married to the girl with a dot in her face)
    Yoo Seoung Jun( the guy that came out of korea because he didn't go to army.)
    Lee Yuri( she did a 간증 ( testimony) in a korean church i'm listening to it right now. she met God 4 years ago)
    Lee Hyun Woo( the guy from Dal Ja's Spring)
    Hyun Jin young( Singer)
    Kim Hae Ja( the grandma from Goong)
    Kim Jang Hoon
    Cha Tae Hyun
    Jang Nara
    Park Su HONG
    Jung Ara
    Kim Ja Ok
    Kim Min jung

I bet you there are more. i can't really remember.
    AND I AM A CHRISTIAN TOO!
    동방신기<3
    슈퍼주니어<3
    보아<3
    QUOTE(mama bear @ Mar 25 2007, 08:21 PM) »
    oh i see...now its quite clear. is lee da-hae a christian..and the guy from green rose.GO SOO...i cant find this thread!

I don't think Lee Da Hae is a christian. Cuss like watch Heaven's Fate and it's the total opposite from Christianity. If she was a Christian she wouldn't have acted as a 무당 even though it just acting.
    동방신기<3
    슈퍼주니어<3
    보아<3
  • beckyvang17beckyvang17 MinnesotaPosts: 1,400Member
    interesting..all i know is that eric, and dongwan are christians..eric sang that song in his 7th album track 9,with some girl??..

=]becky
    credits to:VI-SOL5407

*Boys Over Flower*
  • rori0711rori0711 Posts: 290Member

IDOL

edited March 2007
    QUOTE(rachel022094 @ Mar 28 2007, 10:04 AM) »
    Tim (he came to Korean fresh which a christian festivial)
    Jung Sun Hee ( she said in Yahsimmanamn that she goes to the morning prayer)
    Shawn and Jung Hae young

The people listed down said like i give thanks and glory to God at the 2006 Awards thingi

Lee Tae Ran( the girl from 7 princess)
    Choi Jung Won( the girl from 7 princess)
    Sung Yuri( dad's a pastor)
    Ha Ha(mom's a pastor)
    Tae jin ah (Eru 's dad)
    Baek Ji young
    The girl from loveholic
    Brian(fly to the sky)
    Dong Bang Shin Gi( also wrote Special thanks to God in all their storybooks)
    Lee Soo young( she's actually a christian singer, listen to her song in her 7th album.she prays at the end of Song Amen)
    Seo Ji young( Wrote special thanks to God in Album)
    Tablo(epik high)
    Yoon Eun Hye (her name means graces)
    Go Ara
    not all but some Superjunior members.( Ryeowook, Eun Hyuk, Siwon, Sung Min, Lee tewk, Kibum are_
    Jung Ruh won( the girl from which star are you from)
    Han Hye Jin( from jumong)
    Dae so ( from jumong. don't know his english name)
    Shin Era and her husband Cha. In Po
    Song Seong Hoon (from Autumn tale)
    Jung Da Bin was. Uni was too. RIP.
    Shinhwa( Eric, Dongwanm, Andy)
    Eugene from SES.
    Kim Tae Hee and Lee Wan
    Han Yel Sel ( girl from Fantasy couple)
    Joo Young jin( i think that's how you spell his name. His the one that got married to the girl with a dot in her face)
    Yoo Seoung Jun( the guy that came out of korea because he didn't go to army.)
    Lee Yuri( she did a 간증 ( testimony) in a korean church i'm listening to it right now. she met God 4 years ago)
    Lee Hyun Woo( the guy from Dal Ja's Spring)
    Hyun Jin young( Singer)
    Kim Hae Ja( the grandma from Goong)
    Kim Jang Hoon
    Cha Tae Hyun
    Jang Nara
    Park Su HONG
    Jung Ara
    Kim Ja Ok
    Kim Min jung

I bet you there are more. i can't really remember.
    AND I AM A CHRISTIAN TOO!

whoa image are you sure all of them are christian?? let's add two more: Kim Jung Hwa & Choi Jiwoo. image
     ParkShinHye.LeeMinHo.Heirs.FT Island.Younha.CN Blue.LeeByungHun.SuAe.KangDongWon.HaJiWon. 

thsuv-1.jpg

avvie & siggie ctto ^_^
  • vanness77vanness77 LOVE ParadisePosts: 1,056Friend of Soompi

IDOL

As far as I know, Lee Dong Gun is Catholic. I'm sure Lee Junki is Christian. I don't know about Hwanhee. He has been seen wearing cross necklace and earrings. Somebody please let me know whether he is Christian or not.
  • sPark*sPark* CNB&ST&SJK<3<3 Posts: 4,668Member

IDOL

QUOTE([master papaya] @ Mar 27 2007, 08:28 PM) »

- Tim
    - Lyn
    - Byul

what you fail to realize, catholicism is a branch of christianity.
    CN Blue & Supreme Team & Song Joong Ki <3<3
    addicted to: 이선희 - 나 항상 그대를
  • pwenzipwenzi my religion is YUNHOLOGY Shing-Ga-Po-ReuPosts: 1,954Member
    edited April 2007
    Junsu, Yunho, Yoochun and Jaejoong are christians. I'm sure about Junsu, Yunho and Yoochun, not so about Jaejoong, but I heard he's converted to Christian. So yeah... image

I thought a large number of Koreans are Christians?