How To Clean Belly Button Piercing!

Guest miye0nnshii

Guest miye0nnshii

For people that pierced their belly buttons, how do you clean it and what do you need?

I'm getting mine pierced real soon and i just wana get my supplies ready :)

daily: clean it with a q-tip first with water than anti-bac. soap and rinse off the soap with water. and be sure to twist/move the barbell so it doesn't get stuck to your skin.

sometimes: (good daily too) wash it with salt-water; really good to prevent infection.

Guest Batgirl

please do not do the above. twisting will only irritate your piercing. anti bacterial is horrible for piercings. if u must, use antimicrobal. and do not use cotton swabs. fibers will get in, irritating it.

saline solution (microwaved to warm)

or

sea salt + warm water

shot glass. put solution in shotglass. place shotglass over piercing. soak for 10 mins

well i used that format for mine? and thats what the piercer of many years experienced said along with all my friends who got it pierced and had it for a long time. but up to you.

Guest beautylicious87

i got mines pierced a little more than a year ago.....

i got it pierced in korea so after i got it pierced i went to the pharmacy and told them i had my belly button pierced and asked them what i would need to get to get it not infected~~

the pharmacist gave me some pills to ease the pain....

and then she gave me some belly button cleaning alcohol type of stuff~~

i ate those pills and applied the alcohol and it's been totally fine~~

Guest vietbabiboo

Navel piercing

Clean your belly button 2 times daily (no more, no less) with antibacterial soap. Before cleaning, use a cu-tip soaked in warm water to gently remove any crust that may have formed around the ring.

In addition to regular cleanings, salt-water soaks work well to promote healing. You can buy non-iodized sea salt and put about 1/2 tsp in 1/4 cup of cooled boiled water. Put this in a shot glass or small medicinal cup and bend over. Place it over your navel, lie down and kill 15 minutes. This helps get rid of any pending infections.

Other than for cleanings and salt water soaks, leave your piercing alone. Do not move your navel jewelry around. If you want to see it, look in a mirror.

Avoid swimming pools and spas. If you must, be sure to clean your navel immediately afterwards with antibacterial soap.

Lavender oil and tea tree oil may help speed healing. To be sure that you are using the essential oils appropriately, consult your piercing professional before using them.

Wear a waterproof bandage over a new (up to six months) piercing when swimming to avoid bacterial contamination.

Avoid using laundry detergents that contain stain fighting enzymes on clothing that will come into direct contact with the piercing. The enzymes can impede healing.

Don't touch your new belly button piercing with dirty hands.

Don't let other people touch it... or lick it.

Replace your belly button piercing jewelry only after your piercing has completely healed (usually 6 months to a year).

When you are ready to replace your belly button ring, select a quality piece of jewelry the does not contain nickel to avoid a possible allergic reaction. You can find a great selection of nickel-free gold belly rings at AlluringBody.

Although the belly button piercing is one of the most popular piercings it can be one of the most difficult to heal. It can take anywhere from 6 months to a year to heal. Curved barbells should be used to wear initially after the piercing as they allow for the safest and fastest healing. Wearing tight waistbands or frequent activity involving bending at the waist can prolong healing time. The pressure of waistbands can force the ring to one side causing the piercing to heal crookedly and scar. Too much pressure can cause the piercing to migrate or reject completely.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vietbabiboo

please do not do the above. twisting will only irritate your piercing. anti bacterial is horrible for piercings. if u must, use antimicrobal. and do not use cotton swabs. fibers will get in, irritating it.

saline solution (microwaved to warm)

or

sea salt + warm water

shot glass. put solution in shotglass. place shotglass over piercing. soak for 10 mins

wat is antimicrobal ? ... and is it have to be sea salt or can i use the regular salt?

Archived