Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you know that SoompiTV now has "We Got Married," "Dad! Where Are We Going?" and "Infinity Challenge" with subtitles? ^^v

Kim Min Jong 김민종

Replies

• YoonieYoonie Posts: 76Member
    @im_cun: about the drama "teacher on island", sorry, I watched it on TV, so I don't have the CD version of it :(

Everyone, I heard my friend said that Min Jong oppa will appear on the drama "to the beautiful you" as cameo (!!!). Don't know it exactly true or not, I'll ask and confirm later :D
  • kesfkesf Posts: 835Member

SUPERSTAR

Yoonie said:
    @im_cun: about the drama "teacher on island", sorry, I watched it on TV, so I don't have the CD version of it :(

Everyone, I heard my friend said that Min Jong oppa will appear on the drama "to the beautiful you" as cameo (!!!). Don't know it exactly true or not, I'll ask and confirm later :D

@yoonie

It's true that Min Jong will make a cameo appearance in the new SBS drama "To the Beautiful You". I was going to post the news here.

YoonieholisterChubby Cinnamonhamdainvincible
  • keosuakeosua Posts: 18Member
    @im_cun: " @keosua thanks for the translation .. are you the one translate it ? hope can share more of the translation here since so many of us did not understand hangul .. thanks again"

I am sorry im_cun, I am not the one who translated that news, the news was from the news link marked as "source", sorry :-)

Nice week to you All...
  • kaykafisyahkaykafisyah 나래기 집Posts: 957Member

SUPERSTAR

@im_cun ha3 i wish i can join u guys in exchanging CDs but i have no CDs to exchange :-(

He'll cameo in TTBY?i dont want to watch it since i really like the taiwanese ver.with ella n wu zhun..im afraid ill b disappointed but since he'll b on it i guess ill watch his cut ;-)

Hey did u guys know the drama KMJ acted as doctor?i cnt rmmber the tittle correctly...i love u?or just love...anybody knows about it?the storyline etc or the link 2 watch?the other hero in the drama is choi su jong (if im not mistaken)

I'm a certified AnBiHolics, a proud SoEul-Mates #267, a happy Nareki shipper

hamdainvincible
  • kaykafisyahkaykafisyah 나래기 집Posts: 957Member

SUPERSTAR

kesf wrote: »
    kesf wrote: »
    What a gorgeous profile. :x <br />
     <br />
    Photo credit to tvdaily<br />
    <br />
     <br />
     <br />

Ok...this might sounds weird...but i found his adam's apple sexy... >< thnx 4 da pics n all the translated articles kesf!
    I'm a certified AnBiHolics, a proud SoEul-Mates #267, a happy Nareki shipper

SUPERSTAR

News link:
    http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?newsid=201208200536521112&ext=na

Credit and thanks to MJnet, my dear chingu for the English translation

Kim Min Jong: “Looking at Jang Dong Gun, I also want to have my own kids.”

“In the past, I thought of marriage before but right now, the mind about marriage is vacant. But I want  to have my own kids very much. At filming set when I see Dong Gun talking to his kid on the phone, I felt emotional about it. Soo Ro received calls from his wife and Jong Hyuk often brought his wife to the filming set. I also want to quickly meet my marriage fate at a time when I can make a firm decision.

From various points, ‘Gentleman’s Dignity” is a project that gave Kim Min Jong very deep meaning. In the interview, he revealed the behind story how he finally acted the role of “Choi Yoon”.

‘When the author gave me the script, she gave me two roles, Choi Yoon and Lee Jong Hyuk to choose from. I was thinking that I wanted to do this project with a happy mood, “Athena” character has similarities with Lee Jung Luk so I was also thinking of acting that role. But in my mind, I actually wanted to do “Choi Yoon”, but if I have to act “Lee Jung Lok”, I can also do it happily and with confidence. But in the end, I still chose Choi Yoon. Now, I felt I acted Choi Yoon well. This character would remain in my heart for long, long time.

“My first project at the age of entering forties, I kept my own promise.”

Kim Min Jong who is still feeling the aftertaste of the drama, could not conceal his strong desire towards “Gentleman’s Dignity” Part 2.

“Personally I wished to continue the current chemistry of the drama, to continue this aftertaste. That was why between ourselves we talked about making this into a movie. But it is not the spirits of the actors that can make this a success, only author Kim Eun Sook can achieve that. If to make Part two or to make a movie of it, there should be some more content that we can show.”

Talking about the last episode scenario, I asked Kim Min Jong whether he felt sad that there was a scene about his eyesight has become poor (presbyopia)”  

Kim Min Jong replied that in actual fact, he is  suffering from presbyopia. He gave his answer so squarely and openly, I was still having my doubts but he added on saying because of this, he really connected with the character, Choi Yoon.

“Usually my eyesight is good but now, presbyopia has reached me. (laugh) I never talked about this with author, Kim Eun Sook but the script came out this way, I was so surprised. I have to eat blueberries and I intend to consult an opthamologist. I read the script and from it, I received hope to recover.

Kim Min Jong who does not look matching with presbyopia is a natural-born actor who maintained regular healthy habits. He revealed his secret to his health maintenance habits.

“I do regular exercises in my daily life. Since young I have been doing it. Doing something which I can keep maintaining. If I do not do it, I felt uneasy. I personally want to recommend foot bath. Doing foot bath for 15-20 minutes, then do exercise. In this way,  sweat from within the deep parts of the body will secrete out.

“Gentleman’s Diginity” is the first project that Kim Min Jong kept his own promise. Doing this project, not just in acting aspect, but in outer appearance, he also did his best. Therefore, Choi Yoon was able to shine even much brighter, isn’t it?

“Doing this project and keeping my own promise, I felt very good. The first project when I stepped into the age of 40, in the past I was unable to decline drinking dates with friends the night before filming and that is being irresponsible to the filming set. So for this project, I made a promise with myself that “never drink the night before filming”. Meeting this project and making this responsible promise, I kept this promise right till the end. Being able to keep tight to my own promise, from this aspect, this is a project which is a big turning point for me. And able to receive so much love from the viewers, this is considered nutritious fertilizer for my future as an actor, the aftertaste is uniquely deep. It seemed not easy to release myself from the character, so I am just enjoying this at the moment.

Chubby CinnamonholisterRachelkaykafisyah
  • Chubby CinnamonChubby Cinnamon Posts: 143Member

IDOL

Anyong MJ fans,

@Kay  I really have no idea whether that DVD shop is reliable or not.  Sorry about that.  For the drama you mentioned, it's called "Did u ever love?" (1999).  KMJ played as a doctor.  It's interesting but nowhere to find the drama :(    I think, the leading actress here "Lee Sueng Yun" is his ex-girlfreind.  So jealousy though they break up at last ><

Watch OST MV performed by KMJ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWq8wjx8Q2M&feature=relmfu

Details

• Title: 사랑하세요? /
    • Also known as: Did You Ever Love
    • Genre:
    • Episodes: 36
    • Broadcast network: KBS2
    • Broadcast period: 1999-Nov-20 to 2000-Mar-19
    • Air time: Saturday & Sunday 7:50 PM

kaykafisyah

IDOL

edited August 2012

This is the foto of KMJ & Lee Sueng Yun when they were still dating.  LSY is 2y older than him.   I got this pic from this forum from jojo.

LSY also played nudity in some movie called "Comfort woman" and played with Jae Hee in 3 iron.

IDOL

kesf said:

Talking about the last episode scenario, I asked Kim Min Jong whether he felt sad that there was a scene about his eyesight has become poor (presbyopia)”  

Kim Min Jong replied that in actual fact, he is  suffering from presbyopia. He gave his answer so squarely and openly, I was still having my doubts but he added on saying because of this, he really connected with the character, Choi Yoon.

“Usually my eyesight is good but now, presbyopia has reached me. (laugh) I never talked about this with author, Kim Eun Sook but the script came out this way, I was so surprised. I have to eat blueberries and I intend to consult an opthamologist. I read the script and from it, I received hope to recover.

Kim Min Jong who does not look matching with presbyopia is a natural-born actor who maintained regular healthy habits. He revealed his secret to his health maintenance habits.

“I do regular exercises in my daily life. Since young I have been doing it. Doing something which I can keep maintaining. If I do not do it, I felt uneasy. I personally want to recommend foot bath. Doing foot bath for 15-20 minutes, then do exercise. In this way,  sweat from within the deep parts of the body will secrete out.

“Gentleman’s Diginity” is the first project that Kim Min Jong kept his own promise. Doing this project, not just in acting aspect, but in outer appearance, he also did his best. Therefore, Choi Yoon was able to shine even much brighter, isn’t it?

“Doing this project and keeping my own promise, I felt very good. The first project when I stepped into the age of 40, in the past I was unable to decline drinking dates with friends the night before filming and that is being irresponsible to the filming set. So for this project, I made a promise with myself that “never drink the night before filming”. Meeting this project and making this responsible promise, I kept this promise right till the end. Being able to keep tight to my own promise, from this aspect, this is a project which is a big turning point for me. And able to receive so much love from the viewers, this is considered nutritious fertilizer for my future as an actor, the aftertaste is uniquely deep. It seemed not easy to release myself from the character, so I am just enjoying this at the moment.

Hahaha

I also have the same symptom as KMJ with my eyesight as well 'coz I'm around at his age ><.  It comes from working too much on computer & watching TV.

Hey hey hey.. I wonder if KMJ really takes good care of his health???  I saw him smoking a lot in Guardian Angel ><

IDOL

I came to see Jang Dong Gun's soompi forum to check his popularity after AGD.  It happens that JDG's forum is surprisingly very silent!  How comes for a great & high-profile Kactor like him???? while KMJ's forum is getting hot now :D.

Does this mean Min Jong Oppa steal the show from Dong Gun Oppa ;)

@kesf  @Im   Thanks for your KMJ fotos ... very handsome & gorgeous  I save all these pix :)

marjansimorghholister
  • YoonieYoonie Posts: 76Member
    @chubby: hi there. I'm watching Bimil now. Damn! He's so hot in it! :)) He slapping Ha Ji Won when she slapped him first impressed me so hard! I was like "did he just slap her? Did he?" and then he punched Ryu Si Won right on the face! Seems very violent, hah? :)) but I don't know why I like him even better since then. I love that kind of man!He was physically strong and manly and straightforward!

And when I heard him said to Kim Ha Nuel: "the company will be ok without you. But....I cannot" then held her in his arms! Wow! How romantic it was!!! :x :x :x

Thank you for introducing me such a great drama of Min Jong oppa, and thank you @kaykafisyah for letting me know the website to watch it :)

SUPERSTAR

@im_cun

Good news!!!  The YT link that @Rachel posted in which Min Jong sang live, well, after going through hundreds of files and folders,

almost to the end, I found this variety show.  The whole show is 52 mins and there is no English subtitle.

Please let me know whether you still want to see it.

SUPERSTAR

edited August 2012

More Min Jong videos singing at the SMTown Live Tour 3 taken by fans

I wonder who is the choreographer, he/she spoilt the stage of MJ. Those 4 guys didn't dance, they just stood there and make different poses. Sorry to these guys, it's not their fault but I just can't help laughing at them. They are just dummies on stage and they look so pathetic.

BTW, I don't know why only the Youtube links appeared when the video itself should appear. I have followed the instructions for posting  Youtube videos and yet every time I post, only links appear.

http://youtu.be/im4YwpvNkAU

http://youtu.be/w_ZdYLfA38I

Rachelkaykafisyah