Oily Hair

Guest chocoBERRY

Guest chocoBERRY

i'm someone who has very oily hair by nature.. and even though i shower every single day, it ALWAYS gets oily looking during the night time.. which really really sucks because i have bangs..

i was wondering if there's any way i can make my bangs/hair look less oily? it's so weird.. my hair's okay.. then when it turns into night... my hair turns oily....

Guest pandazombie

when you use conditioner, just apply on the edge/tips of the hair enough so that your hair won't tangle and be static

when you shampoo your hair you extract all iols, even the necessary ones to keep yourhair healthy

condition supply your hair with the oils you've lost

so not using conditioner..would make your oily hair worse because the hair would oveer-reproduce the oil

also, don't touch it so much with your hand..you'll transfer the oil in your hand to your hair

for bangs, I'm assuming the oil comes from your forehead..I don't know what you can do about it. Just carry oil blotting sheets to remove oil from your forehead

hope it helped =]

anyway

Guest bluesky19

your hair problem sounds just like my sisters. you can also use oil blotting sheets on ur scalp to absorb some of the excess oil, then comb/brush some baby powder onto your scalp. that'll also absorb excess oil.

you should also switch ur shampoo to a clear shampoo like neutrogena or some sort like that. i heard creamy shampoos are not good if you have oily hair.

You could also shower&wash your hair in the morning. Don't use "moisturizing or conditioning" shampoos. They often include a lot of silicones and oils that will just add on to the natural oils you already have.

My hair was very very oily. Stop using conditioner.

I only use conditioner when i use hairspray or using curl or straighten it. i've been doing this since year 7.

After 6 years...my hair is turning out to be normal now....so i can return to using conditioner.

But when i do use conditioner i just use a little bit. The size of an Australian 10 cent coin. Never apply on the roots - top of your head.

Guest dulcet.

I sometime don't wash my hair for 4 days 'cause I don't want to get too shy. Unfortunately, I sometime have places to go. So I take a make up sponge/brush and lightly apply baby powder to my roots and rub it in. Quick fix up.

Guest babyxsophie

Try rinsing your hair with cold water after washing it. And after that..run your hands under cold water and pat your roots. I find my hair was a lot softer and less oily

Guest XTINE__

umm, try washing your hair without being conditioner all the way up on the roots and in the scalp.

umm.. maybe cause you sweat a lot? ionno, that's why my hair tends to get oily.

i once read somewhere that if you put a bit of baby powder in it.. not so like your hair is al white, but a bit at the roots and just like.. evenly spread it out, it should get less oily.

Guest pwincezs

Isn't it not good to wash your hair everyday?

Well I heard if you try and not wash your hair for awhile (lets say

a week) it actually helps your hair in being less oily.

Guest misshappii

My hair becomes oily when I don't wash my hair only one day! That's why I wash them everyday. Otherwise, I'd feel uncomfortable because it sticks on my forehead (I have bangs, so..)

Guest sweetshelly

My hair becomes oily when I don't wash my hair only one day! That's why I wash them everyday. Otherwise, I'd feel uncomfortable because it sticks on my forehead (I have bangs, so..)

I have this too. My hair start to smell oily if I don't wash it for a day.

Guest tofu_taro

I have teh problem of oily hair too. It definitely helps if you don't use creamy shampoos, which weighs down the hair. xP bleh. lol and also, clarifying shampoos might help. :D

Archived